Instead of spending the entire weekend being a couch potato, you can take your spouse for a weekend spa retreat. Spas & wellness centers are great for unwinding and relaxing, and there is enough scientific evidence that proves that massages and other therapies are beneficial for your mind and body. In this post, we are discussing everything you need to know for planning un weekend spa.
- Look for exotic spas. Spas that are located at picturesque locations are great for a getaway, and surprisingly, you will find a lot of choices in most cities. As long as you get all the services and space to nature and the weather, it’s all good.
- Check for packages. Most wellness centers have packages for weekends and holidays, which can be considered for an entire day. Many spas also have special brunches and weekend events, where you can participate and spend hours with others in a calming atmosphere.
- Choose thermal experience, if available. For the uninitiated, thermal experience or thermotherapy is about alternating hot sauna and ice-cold dips to shock the body. It’s an amazing wellness ritual and feels relaxing, especially when combined with a massage.
- Select the right massage. If you know different massages, you can always take a call on the right option. For others who are visiting a spa for the first time, Swedish massage is probably a good point to start.
- Consider beauty treatments. Spas often have beauty treatments, such as facials, face treatments, waxing, on offer, which can be considered for your weekend retreat. Think of this – You can save a day otherwise spent at a salon.
Quick tips to follow
First things first, always book in advance. Most spas only have selected packages and invite only limited guests for weekends, because people come for the ambience and for a retreat. The last thing that you would want is a crowded place. Secondly, make sure that you check the website of the concerned spa, where you can find details of their weekend deals, events and offers. If you want to book for more than two people, contact the spa directly for assistance. Make sure that you are on time and do keep the day free with no scheduled meetings and appointments. You may also want to take a change in clothes, because most services require you to change.
Check online and book your spa retreat weekend!